Wednesday, January 16, 2008

First Few Days

So it is the first few days here at Texas State, and I am already getting a little over whelmed by all of my school work. I knew this semester was going to be hard, but I was still in hopes that it was going to kill me, but taking 18 hours of hard courses, barely leaves me any time to myself. On top of that I also play the cello, so this is making it very hard for me to find time to practice. However, I don't want to complain to much, because I am aware that this is my choice to be taking so many hours, I really want to graduate early. I am also looking forward to my apartment next year. So I guess I have some incentives to be taking so many hours.

Coming back to Texas State after Christmas I thought was going to be easy. But in reality its very hard. I miss all of my friends and family back home. This past few weeks have been very difficult for me, and my friends and family have been there for me, so now that I am away from them it is very hard. However, this is the time for me to grow and see what I can do on my own, so I guess I should be taking this as a blessing. Anyway, I am not sure what else to write in here so this is it for now.

5 comments:

Kendall said...

I love the cello and don't take so many hours. Part of college is making friends to sustain you for your life.

Lauren said...

hey, I thought you might like to read or comment on this blog. You probably already saw it, but here is the link just in case :). You definitely are not the only one having a tough time adjusting. Sometimes it makes people feel better to know that you are not alone. :) http://snarnic.blogspot.com/

angelica said...

WOW! 18 hours. so you can graduate early. I wish you the best of luck. I personally wanted to do the the same just because I feel like I am going to be here forever. Right? But of course not. I wanted to get on with my own life. Be with my boyfriend and living in Austin. But I have changed my views. You only do college once so enjoy it and make friends. I am not sure why you want to get out of here faster but if it all works out that is great! More power to you. But remember college is a one time thing and there are some really nice and friendly people here.

©jenbrownimaging said...

18 hours is intense! I agree with Kendall. Be careful taking to many hours and swamping yourself so you have no social life. I'm kind of a "non-traditional student" and from what I can tell you about the working world, it's not always about what you learned in school, but who you met in school. A lot of careers come from connections, so make sure you get out and meet people with similar interests and career paths as you. You can help each other out on future endevours.

Nicholas said...

Why are you trying to graduate early? are you that excited about being old and having alot of bills to pay? haha