Thursday, March 27, 2008

Riding

I've realized that I truly miss horseback riding. It has been my life since 3rd grade. I started doing it competitively and it was truly amazing. My dream would have been completing in the Olympics, but sadly it cost a lot of money to compete and affording a trainer good enough to get you prepared for what you want to do... and my family doesn't have that much money to do that. I could always get a sponsor but to get noticed you have to go to all the shows and those cost A LOT of money...

I had to give my horse away in May because I was going to go to college. I miss her so much; I've owned her since 6th grade. I mean I could go out and see her whenever I want, but it's very hard to see her...she has lost a lot of weight because she is roaming 500 acres of land, and she has scratches all over her... I mean she's still healthy, but she's not pampered like she used to be. I just really miss riding, and hopefully I can get back into it. It was more than a hobby to me... it was my life, my passion... what truly made me happy... One day I'll compete again :-)

here are some pictures of my horse and I :-) enjoy!!












2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry that you had to give her away! My best friend has had her horses since 8th grade ans she competes in barrel racing. She is about to have to get rid of them too for the same reason. I know it must be heartbreaking. Those pictures of y'all are really beautiful though :).

JT1317 said...

ah i love horses, we had a couple on our farm but we sold them. it sucked!